Here is a quick how to guide for the game of poker. All you really need to know is what the cards mean and how to read them. Essentially it’s very simple, the four suits represent the four types of cards available to you, the Ace is the most valuable card in the deck. So again the Ace represents the Ace King, Ace Queen, Ace Jack, and finally the Ace Ace. Again, in poker, the ranking of the cards aren’t important.
- Consider the shape of the card. Most starters play with a standard straight or a flush, again all cards have the same value as the Ace. The reason for this is the straight is the easiest to build a poker hand and the flush is the hardest.
- Before you think about how to bet, you need to think about your hand. Again this is simple. When you have a King or Ace, you have a royal flush, which is a very strong hand. Anything under that you have a good hand or is probably worth losing. Of course if you have the King of clubs and an Ace of spades you have a good hand, too, but the chances of consecutive high cards, wheel cards, or a deuce are much lower.
If you have a good hand, you want to raise the pot. The proper time to raise is when you have a good hand and the pot has a big blind value or more. When you raise, you remove a few of the top cards from the deck, making the pot bigger and also making it harder for the other players to chase a straight or a flush.
On the other hand, when you’re drawing, you don’t want to remove any cards, because that would mean a dent in your hand. remove a card or two, and your odds of hitting a card on the next deal go up.
- When you flop a huge hand, like four of a kind or higher, you will want to bet aggressively. Usually your hand odds are better than your pot odds so you want to make the pot bigger in order to make it worth your while to chase. When you make your hand, you want to bet only half the pot, a nice nice sized bet, and then sit back and wait for everyone else to act.
- While you’re watching your opponents, their betting patterns become more clear. You can see which players bet rarely, which players consistently call, and which players bet only every other hand. Keeping an eye out and remembering who is likely to act behind you can help you make better decisions when you’re behind.
- Don’t think anyone is happy playing loose cards against you, and very aggressive players are less likely to chase. When you see the board, make a mental note of the possible hands your opponents could have, and make a mental selection of whether you think they have better cards or not.
Read through this article again, and you will understand more advanced poker concepts. This time around, I’m going to suggest that you tie the ante in to your real life situations. Instead of thinking ‘I have Q-9 against 4-4’ you need to think ‘I have the best hand here, what could my opponent have?’ This way the next time you find yourself sitting at a table you’ll be able to feel in your gut that you know who has got the best hand.
This is extremely powerful because it forces you to rethink the way you would play if you got such a strong hand. Instead of just calling and hoping to get lucky, you need to make a conscious decision to make the best play. You won’t be able to do this if you’re not looking forward to getting your money in later positions.
To become a great poker player doesn’t chelate on learning how to blindly play. Instead, make a conscious effort to learn the advanced poker strategies utilised by the best players and be rigorous in your application of these advanced poker strategy eson the tables. You will© learn how to play poker better and make more money by brick and mortar learning and then open up new doors for yourself.
The method I describe in this article is the most popular advanced lapak303 strategy used by the top poker players in the world. Make sure you don’t waste your time and learn the less popular advanced poker strategies, because the internet will only leave you with the same as you’ll find in real life situations.